Our 3 Strike Policy comes into effect when a Host is taking bookings off of the SpacetoCo platform.
What happens if I've received an inquiry or booking request for my space but would prefer to action the booking outside of the platform?
We request that all communications, bookings and payment that begin in SpacetoCo, remain in SpacetoCo. There are a number of reasons for this, but when a booking goes off-platform there are a couple of things that we can't do for you:
- Your availability needs to be manually updated on your end or you run the risk of a double booking or disappointing a customer who thought it was available, but is now being told 'it's not available'.
- We cannot help you to take a bond using SpaceProtect (bonds) with one-click
- We will not be able to assist in any way if there is an issue with the booking
- The Customer cannot ask us level 1 questions that we can answer easily in chatbot saving you time. Not on SpacetoCo: you have to deal with that simple query now
- Your data won't be updated for accurate reports at the end of the month/year
- We will need to pause your space and you will no longer get exposure on SpacetoCo or through Google Search of SpacetoCo pages (which we optimise :)
- You can't make use of the SpacetoCo Discount Codes
- You can't prevent Space squatting with the GBF
- You can't manage your bookings in the SpacetoCo dashboard using tools like Flags and Tags to simplify your workflows and make collaboration easier on your bookings team
- You can't make use of Advanced Notifications
- If we don't make a little bit of money, our children will go hungry and they like to eat! Plus, we won't be able to keep improving the platform to make booking even easier all the time.
- ...and many more features that SpacetoCo can provide to save you time.
If a Host is found to be taking bookings outside of the platform, then a 3 Strike policy will apply. On Strike 3, SpacetoCo will pause all your space(s) on the site and they will no longer be seen on the marketplace.
I'm sorry, I didn't realise I was doing something wrong...
Perhaps you didn't realise there was so much functionality to SpacetoCo and that you might be able to save a lot of time and effort and leverage a bunch of automation to create a better experience for your customers and give yourself a break. If you want to learn more, check out this page: Learn More!
At SpacetoCo we want to work collaboratively with our Hosts to make sure you and your Guest have the best experience possible. That's why we'll always reach out before we pause your spaces to see how we can help get your account working for you in the best way possible.
To read our Terms and Conditions, please click here.