The rules around the consumption of alcohol in a space
SpacetoCo has a wide range of spaces that lend themselves to events where alcohol may play a part in a space hire. In every case, it is the requirement of the Host and Guest to follow the law in regards to alcohol consumption. In most cases, the space Host will be able to advise if their space/venue is licensed for the serving of alcohol.
General Facts about alcohol across Australia and New Zealand:
- The legal age for the consumption and sale of alcohol is 18.
- An occasional liquor licence is required when the sale (including supply) of liquor will occur.
- It is illegal for any person to consume alcohol on unlicensed premises without the consent of the owner.
- It is an offence to sell or supply alcohol to an intoxicated person on licensed premises or to allow intoxication (‘drunkenness’) on licensed premises.
- Free drinking water must be provided.
SpacetoCo recommends checking with your local laws on alcohol consumption for private and public gatherings.